Social media play a large part in digital marketing campaigns. That is for a good reason: using social media effectively can have a massive impact on your sales and improve customer loyalty. First getting started with social media? Here are five tips that we think can be useful for you.
- People generally identify themselves with companies that are close to them; that they can identify with. To achieve this, the message (and the language you use) must be real: honesty is the best policy.
- Social media should play a central role in your marketing strategy. Integrate your social media in different media such as your website, newsletter and letterhead paper. When you are planning to develop new products, connecting to your customers through social media can play a vital part in making sure you are getting it right.
- Make sure that you always know who has access to your social media accounts and that people know what they are doing. Ideally, you will have a team dedicated to maintaining accounts. What you write on social media is out there for the world to see: getting a wrong message out, can have disastrous consequences.
- Social Media Marketing is more than just Twitter. Use different social media for different purposes.
- Not every business is suited for every type of social media. For instance if you work in healthcare, don’t put your patients’ information out on the streets. It is better to not have a social media account, than one that doesn’t properly represent your company.